The Mediterranean Academy of Culture, Technology and Trade, is an independent organization and recognized as a Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) by the Government of the Republic of Malta, Office of Commissioner for Voluntary Organizations, with ID number n.VO/0734, and as such benefits from the privileges granted by law.
The Organization is free, apolitical, non-profit and operate all over the world, through its own members who inspired by the values of brotherhood and solidarity, intend to promote the diffusion of the Mediterranean culture on a worldwide scale, and to approach peoples to the mediterranean tourism.
The aims of the Academy are the following:
- Promote the culture of Mediterranean Tourism and Trade in the world;
- Promote cultural, tourist and commercial alliances and cooperation by exchanges of news, information, books, pictures, bulletins, documentaries, by organising lectures, concerts and events of any kind; by publishing bulletins, monographs, biographies and other activities in accordance with the established purposes;
- Promote among people the solidarity and cultural, tourist and commercial exchange such as to promote the full realization of the fundamental rights of the man inspired by the principles rules established by the United Nations Organization (U.N.O.);
- Support the Mediterranean culture of tourist hospitality by educational programs for the employees of private firms and to promote continuous professional training;
- Promote the best practices of hospitality and tourist and commercial education;
- Promote the mutual recognition of professional qualifications both in the fields of tourism hospitality and commerce within the euromediterranean region by educational and training programs;
- Support other organizations with similar aims to the MATC, and to promote activity of cooperation and partnership;
- Lay the foundations for accreditation of the MACTT in internationals assemblies in order to be representative of the European-Mediterranean partnership in hospitality and in the field of tourism and Trade.
- Provide for opportunities of networking between hospitality and tourist sectors by the help of professionals to share skills and to study future trends;
- Settle a continuous connection with the world of scientific research and to receive contributions by studious and professionals of the sectors.
- Involve firms operating in the fields of tourism and commerce to sustain the activities of the MACTT;
- Organize and to promote the development of education in the sectors of Tourism and Trade, especially in contexts where the educational system is inadequate, and actions finalized to intensify cultural exchanges between advanced and developing countries through stages and summer and winter fields.
- Contribute with all means of information press, television, radio, economic publications, lectures etc. to the popular diffusion above all among young people, to the popularization of ethics principle in the sectors of Culture, Tourism and Trade;